Sunday, 11 August 2013

Nars Laguna Bronzer - Illuminator Review

This was my first purchase from Nars, and as you can imagine, I had ridiculously high expectations and wanted this to be the best product I'd tried yet.


The Nars Laguna Illumator or Illuminating bronzer. I went for this over the traditional bronzer, which is a huge cult favourite, mostly because of the price, this was quite a bit cheaper and I just wanted to give it a shot. I wasn't sure if the laguna would be a little dark for me too so it would be easier to wear this illuminating version rather than the normal powder bronzer.

On first impression, I was severely disapointed with this product but I think a lot of it what to do with the fact that I didn't know how to apply it correctly. With more uses, especially when I took this on holiday with me to Zante (see a post about my holiday fashion), I found out how to properly use it and now love it. 

To apply this product I use my Real Technique's Contour Brush which is available in the Core Collection, and blend this over the top of all the other face products I use. It does sink into the skin a little bit for a more natural appearance so if you want a lot of colour a couple of thin layers will be your way to go.

The product is a beautiful mix of brown and orange with a bronze or even golden shimmer to it, also, unlike a lot of liquid illuminating bronzers, this doesn't gather or sit unevenly on the skin, which creates that horrible muddy effect. It blends beautifully and sinks into the skin just enough to make it look natural without the product dissapearing five minutes after application. I picked this up from Space N K (along with something from By Terry that will be reviewed soon!) for £22 compared to £26 for the powder formula or even more with £29 being the price on the multiple stick version.

Although this is still expensive, that's Nars for you., and it's around the same as a blush or bronzer from Benefit to put it into perspective.