Thursday, 5 April 2012

Herbalife Review


I was sent some products to review from a skincare brand I've never heard of, and up-keeping with the skincare turn my blog has taken lately, I decided to tell you guys all about it...




I think all of these products are pretty good at doing what they are made to do, rehydrate and refresh the skin. The range is suitable for both men and women, and I actually used both male and female guinea pigs for this one. I like the branding in general too, with the packaging all connected with the orange to the universal scent of their products, at least in this RadiantC line - side note, even that name is brilliant...but I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to figure it out.

The body lotion was probably the product I was least excited about when I opened that package. It just didn't seem all that interesting, and the thing that sort of got my attention was the quick drying element this has, because I hate that slimy feeling you get from moisturizing. Anyway, I'm getting a bit off topic, all this was before I realized how amazing the scent was, I don't even know how to describe it. It clearly smells very strongly of orange and mango but I'm pretty sure there's a million other tropical scents in here, including Jojoba if the scrub is anything to go by. It is such a beautiful smell, that it just immediately makes this boring body lotion appealing, and well makes you want to buy it if I'm honest. It doesn't last for as long as I'd want it to, with the scent wearing off throughout the day but it still sits on the skin really nicely for a good few hours without being so strong that it's overpowering. I also tried this out on one of my guinea pig friends who has really sensitive skin and although this is a scented product, it didn't irritate her in any way, so if you're worried about that, hopefully I've put your mind at ease. My guinea pig and I thought that the scent began to sink to your skin after an hour but was essentially gone after four, which was a little disappointing. Retailing at £24.35 it's a little steep for what it is but the scent itself is probably worth it. It also contains SPF 15 and Vitamins C and E to make your skin look gorgeous!

As I mentioned earlier, the brand has a universal scent, so anything I just said about loving the body lotion smell and making it good enough to buy, take that as a granted for this scrub plus everything else I have to say about it. I want to quickly make a comparison here from this product and how similar it is in consistency and effect to the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub that you've probably heard of before. They are unbelievably similar products, the only key difference really being the scent. When you put the product onto your hand it feels slightly firm and as it mixes with the water you get a lovely foaming scrub that's soft and gentle enough to use everyday for a flawless polished complexion. The tiny little beads inside are Jojoba infused and don't stay so hard that you're in danger of breaking capillaries but don't fizzle out as soon as they're wet either. This goes for £17.65 which I'd say is reasonable for this as this scrub feels amazing and soft on your skin and really does it's job of making you look amazing.

The final product I was sent is the Radiant C Face Quencher which retails at £7, now that is a little steep for me, I just can't get my head around the fact that it's a water based spray that you put on your face. You may as well splash it with water. That being said me and everyone I tested it on told me they did feel refreshed and at the time I was testing it out it's been reeeally got here so that's pretty convenient too! In the heat it is a nice cool down really quick, and surprisingly it didn't smudge my makeup, maybe if you have dry skin and throughout the day your makeup is sort of flaking etc this could help with that.

Before I finish, here's a little information on Herbalife as a brand, not just this line. They've been operating here in the UK for 27 years but now they sell their products in 75 different countries, including America they've recently opened something called LA Live which is a store selling Herbalife products. But they don't just sell skincare like the items I'm showing you, they seem to have a bit of everything from weight-management and nutrition to general personal care, they make products to sort of support health and beauty. They even have a Herbalife Family Foundation, so all in all, they're a pretty powerful and established brand.